POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Sky image (30KBU) : Re: New Sky image (30KBU) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Sky image (30KBU)
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 20 Sep 2000 01:12:00
Message: <39c84720$1@news.povray.org>
"H. E. Day" <Pov### [at] aolcom> wrote...
> Added trees, water, and a sun.
> Extra brownie points to anyone who can tell me how the sun was made in
this
> image.

It looks like it could be a specular (or maybe blinn?) highlight.  The last
time I saw this done, I think the person used a very long transparent
cylinder that connected the light source with the camera.  The highlight
showed up on the inside of the cylinder, producing a nice, soft flare effect
very much like this one.

Also, I think a similar effect could possibly also be created with a
highlight on a large object behind the light source, such as a large
transparent sphere.

-Nathan